Jumat, 27 Desember 2013
How to Root Galaxy S4 (Verizon) SCH-I545 on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware
This tutorial uses Root Exploit package released by Senior XDA-Developers, k1mu. The Root Exploit package allows Galaxy S4 users to root their devices easily without having to wipe the device or flash a full prerooted factory image. This method completely supports Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with base firmware VRUEMJ7 and VRUEMK2.
Note: This exploit will NOT set the Knox Warranty Void flag. It will set the "Custom" flag, but that's nothing to worry about.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids the warranty of your device. We and the developer of this rooting procedures shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device. use of this root guide is solely at your own risk!
1. Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 on the computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone. Go to Settings >> About Phone. Tap on Build Number several times till the message shows "You are now a Developer". Enable USB debugging by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4. Ensure the battery of the phone is charged more than 80 percent.
5. The Root Exploit package works only on the Verizon version of the Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545). Applying this to any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy S4 by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
1. Root Exploit (saferoot.zip) - Mirror Link
Steps to Root Galaxy S4 (Verizon) SCH-I545 Running on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1: Extract the Root Exploit package to the computer using winrar/7zip/winzip or any other extracting tool.
Step 2: Connect the Galaxy S4 to the computer using USB cable.
Step 3: On the computer, navigate to the extracted directory and double click "install.bat" file. You will see command prompt window which will detect your device and automatically run the script.
Step 4: Once the rooting procedure completes, your phone will reboot automatically.
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon) SCH-I545 running on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware is now rooted successfully. You can now install any app that requires root permission. Verify the root status of the device by downloading Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
Note: Tested working on the Verizon Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545), AT&T Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) and Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-I535). Try it and let us know.
Thank's to all fellas at XDA who first tried out this rooting technique. This method was originally posted via XDA-Developer original thread.